I made this recipe for Father’s Day dinner. It was such a hit with everyone, kids included, that I did not get a picture. I will be making it again soon and will be sure to get one to add here. I could have waited to post this, but I know that it’s hard sometimes to find good recipes to use your garden-fresh produce in. I hope that you enjoy this dish as much as we did here on the homestead!
Be sure to let me know how you liked it in the comments below.
Prep Time: 5 – 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
8 slices of bacon, chopped
1 c. onions, chopped
1 whole cabbage, rough chopped
1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
1/3 c. chicken stock
Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside.
- Remove all but about 2 Tbsp. of bacon grease.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add cabbage and garlic and saute, stirring often, for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until cabbage is tender to your liking. Most of the liquid should be evaporated by this point.
- Stir in the bacon and serve.